my Real BlogHelping ordinary people become extraordinary athletes.
Homemade guacamole is so amazing!
Did you know that homemade guacamole is so amazingly simple to make? The day I finally got brave and bought my own avocados was literally a turning point in my life.
I heard so much about the great nutritional qualities of avocado. I know it’s one of those healthy fats that you actually need in your diet, but just couldn’t get myself to try that mushy green slime. I watched my husband enjoy guacamole for years and one day he actually got me to try it. I was hooked and found myself wanting to make it at home. Once I found out how easy it is, I chose making my own over buying it every time.
Here’s my recipe:
- 3 ripe avocados, mashed
- Juice from 1 small lime
- 1 tbsp white or green onion
- 1 roma tomato
- 1 tbsp fresh Cilantro
- Sea salt
Shopping tip: If you are going to use your avocado right away it should be dark green and slightly soft to the touch. This is what a perfect avocado looks like inside:
- Mix avocado and lime together in a bowl.
- Add the onions, tomatoes and cilantro
- Add sea salt to taste
There are so many ways to enjoy guacamole.
- as a side with tacos, burritos or our family favorite – Spanish Tortilla
- as a dip with veggies, tortilla chips or pretzels
- on salads instead of dressing
- mixed with canned tuna or grilled chicken instead of mayonnaise
If you have any leftovers, store in an airtight container and eat within 2 days.
Other Posts You May Like